Article III – STATEMENT OF FAITH
The foundation of our beliefs and teachings is the Holy Bible, God’s infallible written Word. We believe that it was uniquely, verbally and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, and that it was written without error in the original manuscripts. It is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it affirms. We explicitly affirm our belief in the teachings of the Holy Scriptures as follows:
- There is one true God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of deity and the characteristics of personality.
- Jesus Christ is God, the Living Word, who became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth, being fully divine and fully human in one person forever.
- Jesus Christ lived a sinless life on earth and voluntarily atoned for the sins of all mankind by dying on the cross as their substitute, thus satisfying divine justice and accomplishing salvation for all that trust in Him alone.
- He rose from the dead, bodily. He ascended, bodily, into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God the Father, where He, the only mediator between God and man, continually makes intercession for His own.
- Man was originally created in the image of God. He sinned by disobeying God; thus, became spiritually dead and alienated from his creator. That historic fall brought all mankind under divine condemnation.
- Man is totally depraved and he is, therefore, unable to please God without regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
- The salvation of man is wholly the work of God’s free grace and is not the work, in whole or part, of human works, goodness or religious ceremony. God imputes His righteousness to those who receive faith in Christ alone for their salvation, and thereby justifies them in His sight.
- It is a privilege of all that are born again by the Spirit to be assured of their salvation, trusting Christ as their Savior. This assurance is not based on any kind of human merit, but is produced by the witness of the Holy Spirit, who confirms in the believer the testimony of God in His written Word.
- The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to men. He convicts and draws sinners to Christ, imparts new life to them, continually indwells them from the moment of Spiritual birth and eternally seals them for His glory. His fullness, power and control are manifested in the believer’s life by faith.
- Every believer is called to live in the power of the indwelling Spirit so that he will not fulfill the lust of the flesh but will bear fruit to the glory of God.
- Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, His body is comprised of all men, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith.
- God calls His people to assemble together regularly for worship, for participation in ordinances, for edification through Scripture and for mutual encouragement.
- After physical death, the believer enters immediately into eternal conscious fellowship with the Lord.
- After physical death, the unbeliever enters immediately into eternal conscious separation from the Lord.
- Jesus Christ will come again to the earth, personally, visibly and bodily to establish His earthly kingdom.
- The Lord Jesus commanded all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the whole world and to disciple men of every nation. The fulfillment of the Great Commission requires that all selfish ambitions be submitted to a total commitment to Him that loves us and gave Himself for us.
- There exists a personal being of evil, Satan our adversary, who attempts organized opposition to the Kingdom of God, and seeks the demise of man. Satan will suffer ultimate and total defeat at the hands of Jesus Christ.